Grinding and cutting services may be used together at a single job site, but these terms are often confused with one another. Both are cost-effective solutions to improving concrete surfaces, but each is marked by very distinct differences and purposes.
WHAT IS CONCRETE GRINDING?
Concrete grinding in Toronto involves removing surface irregularities that have been caused by construction, ongoing use or settlement. Grinding offers an immediate improvement in the smoothness, surface texture, safety and even reduces noise. Some benefits of concrete grinding include:
- Cost-effective, instant results that strip, clean and improve the concrete surface.
- Work can often be completed in just one day, depending on the size and scope of the project.
- Eliminates the need for re-tapering the concrete surface.
- Helps restore roadways, sidewalks, parking lots, and other concrete surfaces to meet all required standards.
- Can be used to prepare a surface for polishing and also used on other hard surfaces, such as marble or granite.
WHAT IS CONCRETE CUTTING?
Concrete cutting uses specialized tools that cut through concrete, brick, tile, asphalt and other solid stone surfaces. Cuts are done on a precision basis for roadway improvements, plumbing, water and sewage lines, etc.
Concrete cutting in Cambridge can also be used in conjunction with excavation services. Using low-noise technology, it can be done safely in schools, indoor settings and even inside medical facilities. There are several types of concrete-cutting services that can be performed, which include:
- Asphalt Cutting – This is used for industrial, commercial and residential projects. It includes asphalt road cutting, driveway cutting, asphalt over concrete and parking lot cuts.
- Hand Sawing – This involves a handheld saw for greater flexibility and allows cutting to be done in areas that have limited access for heavy equipment. It can be used in confined spaces, to create windows and even cut trenches in garages and other surfaces.
- Flat Sawing – Also referred to as slab sawing, this process cuts the upper portion of an existing concrete surface to help create an even, flat plane.
- Wall Sawing – This is done to create precise cuts at a horizontal or vertical angle, such as when creating HVAC openings or doorways.
Sterling Concrete Sawing and Drilling Ltd., offers both concrete-cutting and concrete grinding services to businesses, industrial properties, municipalities and homeowners. We use the latest technology for maximum precision and limited noise. To book your service or to request an estimate, contact us at our Mississauga or Cambridge locations.